Doesn't work.

4440   6   2
5 posts
Hi guys, I just went with the first video started without Houdini and Unreal installed at all.

But even if I go and install everything the plugin doesn't install. I don't see it among plugins and I can't obviously import the HDA files either in the 4.10.

Any ideas?
5 posts
Ok finally working I had to copy it manually into the engine folder. Seems the Houdini installer doesn't like that I installed UE4 to custom folder instead of the default.
173 posts
Yes, sorry for late reply; it is a known limitation of our installer. We recommend manually copying plug-in files if UE4 is installed in a different location.
1192 posts
I actually prefer copying it manually.
It just needs to be properly documented (maybe a pop-up when checking Houdini Engine for UE4 in the installer).
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
453 posts
You might want to do it like the GoZ plugin in ZBrush and try to auto-detect the software (Unreal, Maya, Unity,…). If there is several install folders, ask in which to install the plugin. And if nothing is detected, offer a browse option.

But a notification would do, too.^^
173 posts
We will definitely look into this ^_^
11 posts
Just lost some time on this too. Worth mentioning on the installer screen or somewhere in the FAQs that a manual install may be required.

Manual copy as described at https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnreal [github.com] worked for me on UE4 4.10.2 using Indie.
  • Quick Links