mdd doesn't match geometry

1193   1   1
57 posts
So I have been reading all over, trying to figure this out and am stumped, I have a simple scene, geometry that I broke up with voroni then did a sim on it, so I'm trying to save out mdd's and the object as an obj, but the point count does match the obj that is saved out.

so I save out an obj, right after the voroni fracture, and that looks right when I bring it back into houdini, but when I apply the mdd, the geometry goes garbage, and other apps say, the point number doesn't match.

and the mdd file is much smaller than I would expect, so I saved out an obj from the dopimport1, “the same place I'm using to save the mdd” and that obj is tiny and just points, but the points aren't the vertices of the geometry it seems they are almost like transform points for each peice.

which makes sense why they don't match up, but how does one convert it from transform parts data to point data, so that the mdd matches the obj that is exported?

Thanks
Chris
57 posts
Never mind I figured it out, been digging around for some time, decide to swallow pride and ask, then almost instantly figure it out

for anyone one else, you have to set import style to fetch Unpacked geometry from dop network
  • Quick Links