ActiveValue problem.

1538   2   0
177 posts
Hi,

I've been working through a Digital Tutors tutorial called “Controlling your fractures in Houdini.” and am having an issue attempting to set some of my geometry passive using the ActiveValue node.

I'm probably missing something really obvious, but can't seem to get past this not working.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Jim

Attachments:
active_passive.hiplc (248.3 KB)

Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
177 posts
OK, I've figured out it has to do with packed vs unpacked primitives.

The tutorial I was watching must have been in an earlier version of Houdini that doesn't use pack primitives.

I'm looking into other ways to address the packed primitives and adjust their activevalue property.

If someone has any info on this, it would be great. Still trying to wrap my head around this enormous software program.

Thanks,

Jim
Reel Inpsirations
Houdini Work in Progress [vimeo.com]
2624 posts
If the active value is driven via a point this might be of use http://www.circusmonkey.com.au/circusmonkey/DopsMain.html [circusmonkey.com.au] . I must admit its been a while since ive been in Houdini land and a lot has changed , but it might help with your understanding.

If you look in the example files shipping with Houdini
ActivateObjects
RBD Packed Object dynamics node
This example shows how to modify the “active” point attribute of an RBD Packed Object to change objects from static to active.

Rob
Gone fishing
  • Quick Links