new site

8765   3   2
2 posts
hi guys

I just thought I'd notify you of a new website that a friend and I are launching in about a weeks time. the site called animators online, I guess it will focus mostly on animation in both cg and traditional forms, but image creation will also be supported. We would feel very privileged to have some of you houdini users become part of our community.

We have a large server with unlimited downloads and hopefully going to get a few sponsorship deals (only small to start with) we'll have competitions etc. We also have a points system in place (a little similar to luxology's, but going a step further) people will gain points by posting up models, images and participating in the forums. We will hopefully be getting a prize for the top user for each month, the users status will also be relational to their points. I hope this system will encourage people to share a lot of their stuff and reward them for doing so.

We also want the site to be very interactive in the way people will be able to post up news stories etc. and also allow people to give suggestions on different features to add to the site.

To make the site a good resource for modellers and animators, we would really love to be able to get some exclusive tutorials in both html and video format. So if anyone wishes to contribute, please let me know, I could link to your site and have interviews or feature articles on you for a bit of publicity.

We would also really love to be able to get some exclusive gallery images and animations. We can offer free hosting on a fast reliable server and again, I could link to your site and provide a bit of publicity.

if you have anything to offer please email me at skarab@ihug.com.au

and don't forget to visit the site next week when it launches, I'll give a precise date when it gets closer

www.animators-online.com

thanks very much for your attention

ohyde
2 posts
Hi everyone, well the new site is up. It's pretty much fully functional, just a few very small bugs to iron out and it's done. I encourage everyone to go check it out and become a member. Oh and don't forget to check out our online store and help support the site, we'll be adding lots of new designs in the future.

thanks
ohyde
Staff
3455 posts
nice site…hope it goes well for you
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
344 posts
I was able to get to the site last night, and it looked pretty good. I just tried to go back, and now it's timing out on me…
  • Quick Links