pyrofx render passes

5721   5   0
38 posts
how do you setup render layers for pyrofx? I am aware of the extra image planes for the mantra rop but not sure how to add fire/smoke/vol light…

thanks !
30 posts
Hey James,

Inside the pyro shader there's some outputs you can pull directly into your image planes.

Create a new image plane and under Vex Variable put in “smoke_mask” and

set the vex type to “Float”.
set the sample filter to “Full Opacity Filtering”

Repeat this for “fire_mask”

Once you have a volume light / other lights rendering with the volume just make a third image plane called “all_volume” and under Light Exports set it to “Export variable for each light”

The older pyro shader had two other built in outputs called Fire_color and smoke_color but now its just fire_mask and smoke_mask. If you think you would need those you could always export those out of the shader to bring into an AOV.

Cheers!

Nico

Edited by Sugleris - May 31, 2016 16:58:49
Shortcuts are supposed to be hard, if they were easy then they would just be “The Way”.
38 posts
Thanks for the help man!
38 posts
It is not working..
If you make a default pyro, add image plane of smoke_mask, float and full opacity filtering. The smoke_mask channel is empty. Am I missing something?..
38 posts
Ah, something is wrong with my scene/version..I do not have exports tab on shader or the bind nodes under the hood…
30 posts
What shader are you using? It should work out th ebox with the fire ball shader
Shortcuts are supposed to be hard, if they were easy then they would just be “The Way”.
  • Quick Links