Using Apprentice Files after license purchase

   2580   2   0
User Avatar
Member
2185 posts
Joined: Sept. 2015
Offline
Hello,

Back in October 2015 I started working in apprentice.

Part of the reason I chose to start in Houdini is because when I first considered doing animation I first looked into Maya and it had 30 day trial version.

I also think afterwards to keep using it came to about $180 a month.

I thought 30 days is not nearly enough time to figure out if this is something I would want to use and spending $180 per month for a number of months is a bit much that if in the end I don't like it, I've wasted my money just on something to try.

So I saw apprentice was free to try for as long as I wanted. Which seemed like the perfect fit.

So here I am almost 8 months later with digital assets I toiled over to get working the way I wanted, all of which depend on other digital assets and other houdini files I created as references to build other versions of those assets to expand upon.

And giving myself this big project I realized using Houdini is something I could go for because now I know I can do what I have intended for bigger projects.

So I took the next step and purchased the Indie License.

To say I am dismayed is but the tip of the iceberg as what I am discovering in attempting to work with my digital assets now that the Indie License is installed and after doing some google searches on using *.hipnc and *.hdanc
files in Indie.

Am I really going to have to redo about 8 months worth of work to get back to where I was just before I purchased and installed the Indie License?

It won't take me the same 8 months because much of that was learning about Houdini along the way.

But the work will be considerable.

I'm really hoping there's another option.

User Avatar
Member
1872 posts
Joined: May 2006
Offline
Contact support, I'm pretty sure they can do a one-time translate of scenes/hda's for you.

http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki [www.tokeru.com]
https://www.patreon.com/mattestela [www.patreon.com]
User Avatar
Member
2185 posts
Joined: Sept. 2015
Offline
Thanks for the tip mestela…sent off Email to support…fingers crossed.
  • Quick Links