Retiming Nuclear pyro explosion in houdini

2328   1   0
69 posts
hi guys, i really need help in figuring out how to properly retime a cached sim. When i play back the sim after retiming it, i get a strobing type of effect. The colors of my explosion change on every frame. This is what i did. I cached a sim out using $FF.bgeo. I changed the substeps on the autodop network to 10. Then in the global animation menu i unchecked integer frames and i set the step box to .10 In my pyro import network i bought in my .bgeo files into a file sop, then underneath that i dropped down a timeblend then under that a timewarp node. The original frames for the .bgeo sequence is 48 frames. I'm trying to stretch/slow it down to 480 frames. so in the time warp node i added the original sequence of frames 1 - 48, then in the box below that i added my desired sequence of frames 1 - 480.
What am i doing wrong here?
Even when using time shift and I add $FF/10, to match the sub steps on the autodop network it doesn't strobe anymore but it just looks like it's jumping frames when I view it in the view port or flip book

i added my hip file below without any retiming.
Edited by Arkahtek Musicfilm - July 30, 2016 00:00:55

Attachments:
OMG PLEASE GOD, LET THIS BE THE FINAL NUKE!.hip (1.1 MB)

69 posts
Anyone?
  • Quick Links