New PopNet - Advect by Volume - Not Working

2995   4   0
90 posts
So I can't get the new (relative term) - popnet to utilize advect by volume the way the old popnet did. It literally has no effect. Old setup was easy and now I can't get it to work. Any idea of whats going on?
2624 posts
Hi,
See this example scene, remember to add the dop object by name ie pyro , do NOT add a path /obj/Autodopnetwork/pyro or the scene will not work.

I do not know if this is a bug

Rob
Edited by circusmonkey - Sept. 12, 2016 18:18:20

Attachments:
pyro_advectbyVolume_.hip (806.6 KB)

Gone fishing
90 posts
Nice tip. Thank you. If you don't mind me asking how then can I get data from outside the dops node?

I really appreciate the info. Very good stuff.
3 posts
I guess you you can just plug them into the dopnet's inputs and use “X Context Geo” as vel source. Either plug in a file cache or import your dop fields with dop import fields. Shold work, right?
90 posts
Hey, I'm trying but somehow seem to be missing the solution.

Here's the scene file I'm working on its a tornado. If you dive into the tornado geo node I colored the 2 pop nodes as purple. One is the old way, which works. But the newer version just doesn't seem to work. Tried sourcing the context geo and still not seeing the effect work. I can use the older node, but would like to figure out the newer one if possible.
Edited by tadian - Sept. 19, 2016 01:11:08

Attachments:
tornado5_parts8_6.hiplc (1.9 MB)

• Quick Links