Bullet Bendable Constraints

7563   3   5
34 posts
Hi
Did some research about bullet and bendable constraints.
There was huge thread before about this , so i learned from examples , and implemented some similar and simpler approach.

There is example file.

https://vimeo.com/183061109 [vimeo.com]

Attachments:
example_bullet_bendable.hip (3.2 MB)

Staff
3455 posts
cool!
that looks really great.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
26 posts
Hey ginodauri,

Thanks for sharing . I looked at your setup and the only thing I was missing in mine, was the update of the rotation attribute. I was using position constraint without the rotation because rotation was bringing back the piece to there original orientation.

I've modify your collision shape in you setup which was create long sim time. You are sending concave shape to bullet which he don't like. It is not exploding, but fight against interpenetration. I use the vdb to sphere to create collision for each piece and look if there is no sphere created, create one points instead. Because you need at least on sphere per pieces.

This is a nice trick, but it would need a new parameter in the rbd pack object to display a proxy instead of the sphere shape… sidefx do you hear me I will write a RFE for that as soon as I have time. vdb to sphere would also need a parameter to create at least one sphere if the vdb is too small, because It think it take more time to pass it through a foreach instead of running it outside the loop.

Attachments:
example_bullet_bendable_dk.hip (3.2 MB)

34 posts
Hi
Yes , some geometry is concave , but this is trade off…
For me it is more important to have that look in pieces , with little interpenetration , than to have voronoi like cutting shapes with no penetration.

Probably best thing , is to do convex decomposition for concave pieces etc , this is subject that i will explore in future.
  • Quick Links