houdini on ubuntu 64 bit

6101   8   2
6 posts
Has anyone been able to run houdini on 64 bit ubuntu. I have houdini installed, but it cannot connect to the licence server. I have tried restarting hserver, but to no avail.
330 posts
hi, sometimes sesinetd doesnt get added to the proper run level scripts (on suse at least, dont recall with ubuntu) - so…

/etc/init.d/sesinetd start

does that help?
6 posts
Mark2, thanks for the info. I found the sesinetd file in the sbin folder and started it which started the licence server, but the license server still does not allow modifications. which is necessary to install license keys. Any ideas? Is anyone using 64 bit Ubuntu for Houdini?
4140 posts
Make sure you're running it as root. Otherwise, verify that it's pointing at that machine as the server, and not some other bogus one.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
6 posts
That did the trick. Thanks for the help.
1145 posts
mkorangestripe
That did the trick. Thanks for the help.

Now that you have it running what do you think?
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
6 posts
I can't comment yet, but I will after I make some rendering comparisons. To make a general comment though the procedural chain of nodes is great and enjoyable to step others through the process with.
325 posts
Hey, could you please comment a bit on how does it run on Ubuntu 64? As I am planning to install it and run Houdini 64 too. Do you experience any issues?

Thanks.
I liked the Mustang
6 posts
Houdini seems to run fine on Ubuntu 64bit. I would prefer to use Redhat 64 bit though.
  • Quick Links