Extrude along global axis

5463   4   0
50 posts
Hello, as the name of the topic states, I want to extrude along global axis instead of normals.
For example I have a sphere cut a little more than half way. When i use polyextrude from the cut edge the extrusion goes outwards (along normals) But i want to go straight up or in other cases outwards parallel to the ground plane. Older versions of the node seem to have the option, but how do i do it with houdini 16
Edited by Thunderbeast - March 29, 2017 06:24:24
8551 posts
use Front Transform
just check Transform Extruded Front and set transform Space to Global, then play with the transform parms
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
710 posts
Edit - tamte beat me to it.

—–

Hi, you want to make sure Transform Extruded Front is checked and the space set to Global.

When I'm modeling, I find that 9 times out of 10 I'm doing extrusion in world space. You can set PolyExtrude to always default to global. Set down a solo PolyExtrude in the network editor, change your settings, and then twirl down the cog menu at the top right of the node parameters and Save as Permanent Defaults.

There use to be a shortcut to toggle between Local/Global in the old PolyExtrude, but I don't think that works anymore.
Edited by Siavash Tehrani - March 29, 2017 16:25:47

Attachments:
polyextrudeGlobal.jpg (48.4 KB)

50 posts
Well… don't I feel stupid now. I looked everywhere else but right under the options Thanks for the tip guys!
5 posts
DaJuice

Wow now you tell me - thanks
  • Quick Links