[Solved] Animated Parameters keyframes lost when exported in a Digital Asset?!

1315   0   1
39 posts
— Okay, I was using promote parameter the wrong way…I should not promote in the first place, instead use the default to store a pointer to the animated channel

Hi,

Let's say we have a sphere (i.e. /obj/sphere_geo/sphere_sop), and we create a Digital Asset out of it. If I promote the sphere's uniform scale to the digital asset interface, then houdini will create another parameter (scale2) and link the original inner scale to it (i.e. the inner uniform scale would be ch(“../scale2”)). So far is good!

HOWEVER, if the inner uniform scale has some initial keyfames, then when it gets promoted those keyframes will be lost! If these keyframes contain some initial “default” animation, then they would be lost when one creates an instance of the digital asset?! Note that if the uniform scale has just a single default value, it will be copied as the default value in the promoted digital asset parameter, however if it has keyframe animation it will be lost?!

My question, how to keep these keyframes in the digital asset, such that an instantiated digital asset will have an initial animation and the user is allowed to change it if he wishes?

Thanks
Edited by catchyid - April 10, 2017 15:22:47

Attachments:
1_animated_sphere.png (394.8 KB)
0_promote_uniform_scale.png (669.1 KB)
animated_sphere.hip (53.9 KB)

• Quick Links