dop binding

5028   4   1
143 posts
hello

I couldn't figure out how I can use Bindings > Geometry feature in almost all dops other than Binding simulation to “Geometry” data of the simulation.

and I can't find a proper example to enlighten me about it.
please if you can help, let me know how It can be useful other than that mean.

thank you in advance
8538 posts
it's just data name that the operator will modify/work on
it's usually Geometry as most dop objects store geometry data in data named Geometry, but you can operate on any geometry data that belongs to the object this solver is solving
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
143 posts
tamte
but you can operate on any geometry data that belongs to the object this solver is solving

thank you Tomas!

that is exactly what I can't figure out…
for example, a geometry data from a popsolver, how can it be used other than Geometry?

for instance, the velocity data of popsolver to operate on relathionship data instead of the velocity of points…?
I hope It makes sense..
806 posts
Moin,

> for example, a geometry data from a popsolver, how can it be used other than Geometry?

depends on what “geometry data” you mean. If you are referring to the position of points (which in my world is “geometry data”), you can use a Rivet node (I have a 1n1v on that :-) ) to get position data from single points or more up into scene level, e.g. for parenting objects.

> for instance, the velocity data of popsolver to operate on relathionship data instead of the velocity of points…?

… if you are referring to attributes, you can use a
point(...)
reference to get point attribute values and use them in channels.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
8538 posts
hadi jam
…for example, a geometry data from a popsolver, how can it be used other than Geometry?

for instance, the velocity data of popsolver to operate on relathionship data instead of the velocity of points…?
I hope It makes sense..

you can use it to modify any geometry data that belongs to the object, not sure if you can access relationship geo like that though, that may need to be attached to the node that created relationship like is the case of constraintnetwork, but I may be wrong

but for sure any geometry data that you see in Spreadsheet that belongs to the object you are solving
Edited by tamte - April 27, 2017 23:12:32
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links