Can i export a single Frame with Alpha and Normal Maps?

2994   5   0
38 posts
Hi,

Im trying to use houdini for game development, super beginner and have follow some tutorials in learnsquared webpage.

I did a simple smoke particle effect, i plan to export 1 single frame with the alpha channel on it and the same frame normal map.

I know that Houdini have a game shelf with export flipbook, but in my case i just want this particular frame and normal map.

How should i achieve it?

this is the frame, also i have bought Indie edition, i suposse it suport to export a png or other format file, right?

Regards
Fran.
38 posts
omg, this is so dificult!

even if i choose frame start 71 end 71 inc 71 it still render the first frame only. and in awful quality! (i have it setup to 1024 1024)

what im doing wrong? this i what i see in mvplayer, and the texture sheet set to the frame i want, the render settings are the same for the mvplayer.

But this is what i get.

38 posts
bump
38 posts
Still trying, no lucky.
4189 posts
You should send it in as a bug - the HDA isn't setup to take ad hoc frame numbers, it's set to use the timebar in/out points. The only issue is you are using an inc. of 71. Not sure that would work anyways

Also not sure but you are rendering the wrong geo. That looks like the density that is used to feed the simulation.
Edited by anon_user_37409885 - June 15, 2017 01:15:47
38 posts
Thank you, i tried all possible nodes i could. maybe is a bug, the flip book indeed work, looks like houdini want me to make all the simulation until that frame, but as i selected frame 71 and only one frame, he stop the simulation at frame 1
  • Quick Links