Bugs, cache, viper... or ...?

4286   3   0
398 posts
Hey guys!
Last days I see the strange things… I have a simple scene… For example, nurbs grid with surface and displacement shaders (something like choppy water). There is several types of “bugs”:
1. I click render and see the expected result. Then I click the render button again and… arhhh, I see other picture… Okay, I click it again and see the first picture (expected). But if I click render again I see unexpected result.
2. I set the parameters of the shader and render the scene. Cute. I like this pic but I want to change some parameters of the shader. Okay. I did it and ready to rerender. Then I render my scene again I see… The previous result. Hummm… I render again and I see the first result again. Huh. Save scene with new parameters, restart Houdini, open the scene, render it. Nice I see that I expected (with new parameters).
3. I have some geometry with assigned shader (Shader SOP). Render. Good. But I want to delete that Shader SOP. Then I kill it, render… Hummmm…. It seems like that Shader SOP still present in my scene (even if I kill the SOP cache).
So the question is: what is that? Problems with the some cache (by the way viper is… IPR cache?) or bugs of other type?

P.S. The same problems I see on the different hardware, different OSes and different Houdini builds.
f = conserve . diffuse . advect . add

fx td @ the mill
1002 posts
What settings are you using for IPR on the ROP? Are you rendering to the IPR viewer pane or just firing off renders using the viewport render button? What OS are you using?

This sure sounds like bugs, but it would be helpful to have more details on your configuration. An example .hip file would be helpful, too.

Andrew
398 posts
I don't render to IPR :?
I will attach scene later

fx td @ the mill
398 posts
Hummm… Sorry… It was checked “Enable IPR rendering” parameter in Mantra ROP ops: I always rush

fx td @ the mill
  • Quick Links