Capture Geometry Error: Numerical issue, rigging, skining

5630   2   2
8 posts
Hi.

I had this problem many many times and I still haven't found a reason why this is happening. No matter if I use my custom rig made from bones or AutoRig sometimes I can't capture geometry because of “Error: Numerical issue.” What am I doing wrong? How can I get rid of it? Or how to avoid it?

Attachments:
numerical_issue.JPG (33.1 KB)

402 posts
Hi alutaroma,

Really hard to say without seeing the input mesh / bones, but one thing to look out for is that the incoming bone captue lines sit reasonably well within the mesh you want to capture (Try setting the display flag on the ‘bonecapturelines’ node and template the ‘geoFile’ node to check this). The biharmonic isn't brittle by any means, but there are occasions where is wigs out.

If you can (and if the mesh isn't huge) post a hip if you're still having issues,

Cheers,
Henry
Edited by friedasparagus - Sept. 13, 2017 11:20:02
Henry Dean
8 posts
Well… I wanted to attach a .hip file so I optimized scene by deleting unnecessary meshes including eyes and clothes then I had to update mesh so I replaced the geoFile node (with .bgeo mesh from disk made automatically by AutoRig tool) by object_merge sop bringing the mesh from scene and magic happened… It captured skin without error. So I opened the last scene again and without deleting anything put geometry from the scene by the object_merge node and it worked too! I'm glad I don't have to do the whole rig again from scratch (like I used to when I got this error) but I still don't understand what is happening. The geometry from .bgeo file and the scene are exactly the same so it makes no sense for me. Also, I think this wouldn't help if I used a custom rig, not autorig tool, because I've always used geo from the scene then and I sometimes got this error too.

Anyway, thanks Friedasparagus for helping me to find this temporary solution. If it doesn't work with another rig I'll post it here.

Cheers,
A.
  • Quick Links