License server not starting after a system restart in Fedora 26

1883   3   0
23 posts
I installed houdini and everything is working fine but the license server does not start back up after a restart. Starting it back up manually as su works but only until the next restart.
56 posts
larkis
I installed houdini and everything is working fine but the license server does not start back up after a restart. Starting it back up manually as su works but only until the next restart.

hei, I have same problem on Fedora 27. Have you solved this? maybe you can share your solution?
Staff
48 posts
I don't use Fedora myself, but I think the problem is related to how services are installed. The short version is that our installer script assumes a “System V init” style of service installation (it installs a script called sesinetd in /etc/init.d, and creates symlinks in /etc/rc*.d to start/stop the service. It looks like Fedora uses systemd as its init program. I thought systemd would still use init scripts, even though its native format is something different.
If the old init scripts aren't working on your system, you'll have to do some research to figure out why systemd isn't reading the init scripts. You may have to translate the init scripts to whatever form systemd is expecting.
333 posts
anyone found any solution to this?
  • Quick Links