Houdini writing corrupted HIP file in Linux

2870   2   1
6 posts
I'm having this problem whenever I open or create and save a hip file in Linux, that file will be corrupted. The same file will not be able to open in Windows as well. It gives a “File read error. Possibly corrupt input. Missing file extension” error in Linux. System info: Houdini 7.0 runs with AMD 64 processor in CentOS.
Any one who can shed some lights on this issue? Thanks.

Regards,
D'Lun Wong
234 posts
Why don't you try installing newer version? And, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no CentOS on the list of supported linux dist.s
And there is short note on usupported os's:
Side Effects Software does not officially support these platforms, and the suggested download is provided with no guarantee that Houdini will function properly.
So I supose the clue may lie in this.
6 posts
Thanks for your reply. Well, this is because we're using Houdini in our college and they haven't got the new license straightened out yet. The thing is we were not having this problem before. It happens only after we updated certain thing in Linux. About the CentOS, it's a rebuild of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux. And it's the same Linux OS that we use and didn't have any problem during the last semester. I think I need to ask our System Administrators to see what they did differently with the Linux OS. Thanks.

Regards,
D'Lun
  • Quick Links