RFE:Edit SOP softh radius visual feedback

4134   6   3
581 posts
Hi SESI.
When working with the Edit SOP and using the Soft Radius to smoothly edit points it would be great to have some visual feedback of what is the scope area of the radius, with a degraded colro for instance, from more effect to less.
And it is possible to extend the soft editing to edges and primitives?

Thanks
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
710 posts
This is a good RFE.
The visual feedback, is something max has had from the beginning (infra-red type visualization). Houdini's smooth falloff is much nicer though because it's “active”. Last time I checked in max (which I admit was a while ago) you couldn't change the radius of the falloff interactively.
7025 posts
Hear Hear for both suggestions! Soft falloff is on almost all the time when I model now… some feedback would be lovely.

Cheers,
Pete rB
2199 posts
It's odd they added that feedback to the softTransform and softPeak sops but not the edit sop.
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
581 posts
Simon
It's odd they added that feedback to the softTransform and softPeak sops but not the edit sop.
I think so Simon.
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
129 posts
I agree on this. My experience from other packages is that it makes things easier and faster and thats whats its all about.
12 posts
DaJuice
This is a good RFE.
The visual feedback, is something max has had from the beginning (infra-red type visualization). Houdini's smooth falloff is much nicer though because it's “active”. Last time I checked in max (which I admit was a while ago) you couldn't change the radius of the falloff interactively.

Sure you can - check out RO tools - search CGtalk, you'll find (and LOVE) it! Trust me, bro - REALLY check out the options in these and CHECK THE VIDS - there's a ton of good stuff!!
  • Quick Links