Is there a "Zoom to mouse pointer" option hidden away anywhere?

1422   4   0
146 posts
Navigating around the viewport, I'm seriously missing my previous 3D app's option to zoom into (or out of) wherever the mouse pointer is. It made it really quick to zip out from a detail and zoom into the next bit you need to work on, rather than the multiple zoom then pan then zoom then pan. May seem like a subtle thing, but it's one of those tiny things that saves you a few seconds hundreds of times a day.

Am I missing an option somewhere, or does it not exist?
2531 posts
I use SPACE-G (go to selected object), all the time.

Workflow: Select object or component then press SPACE-G with mouse pointer over the 3D viewport.

If you have not watched tutorials on the interface, check them out in the Learn menu up above.
Edited by Enivob - Jan. 3, 2018 09:01:36
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
1755 posts
howiem
Am I missing an option somewhere, or does it not exist?

This feature has been introduced in 16.5, so it's weird if you don't have it because it should be ON by default AFAIK.
146 posts
Thanks folks… yep, space-G (and F) is great but sometimes you don't want to lose your selection. 16.5 eh… time to sort out my $&%&$& licensing issues I guess

Cheers!

EDIT: yep, it's there in 16.5. Yay! Don't get to use it until current project is delivered. Boo.
Edited by howiem - Jan. 3, 2018 11:42:02
1755 posts
space+G/F should not make you lose selection. Anyway, upgrade to 16.5 if possible.
  • Quick Links