BUG: L-systems move forward without creating geometry.

3029   1   1
289 posts
Sorry for the double post but I did not get an answer how to solve this?

Has anybody has any idea?

I think it is a bug in the L-system. But I just want to be sure I did not made a mistake.

This is what happens if I use a branch

Here the correct result, but without branching

It seems that the f “ move forward without creating geometry ” is faulty in branches.

Any idea's please?
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
387 posts
Yes, I think it's a bug too.

I just messed with it a little bit. I tried changing the branched rule to “B”, just to seperate things.

It seems when any branch is made a seperate piece of geometry is generated. ok. Makes sense. . Pink nums are the poly-nums.

The trouble is, after the 45-degree turn in rule B, if it's done in a branch, the “f” (move forward with pen-up) has a bug. The line that follows is drawn from the branch's starting position. Whoops.

In my version of your demonstration, I get an extra line between point-nums 3 and 7 for premise: A.

Essentially, right now, an “f” in a branch draws the subsequent line from the beginning of the branch to the next step forward. If you turn on poly-nums in the kgoosens example, you'll see overlapping lines. Doing the “f” in a sub-rule (eg. Rule C) doesn't help.

Legend:
F = Move forward, pen down
f = Move forward, pen up
&(45) = turn 45-degrees
= execute in a subroutine (“branch”)

I'm running linux Houdini V7.0.460

ben.

Attachments:
v2.jpg (48.1 KB)
v1.jpg (50.7 KB)

''You're always doing this: reducing it to science. Why can't it be real?'' – Jackie Tyler
  • Quick Links