Animated Houdini Asset for UE4 Help

3707   4   2
13 posts
Animated Houdini Asset for UE4

Hi all,

I create procedural animated book, when I add frames to slider and I when in Houdini move with slider, animation is ok, but I when import Houdini asset to unreal and I when move slider in ue4, my bokk Is always static object and pages don't move. I have one question

can I created animation object in Houdini asst and import to ue4?

I thnanks all
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

The current Houdini frame can't be changed via the unreal plug-in, and the plug-in doesn't support animations.
You could be using a timeshift node to change the frame, but that will give you a new static mesh after each update, which I doubt is what you want.

Instead, you probably want to use FBX export to get your animated mesh in Unreal.
30 posts
is there any update? - still no possibility to create animation tracks with the engine?
11 posts
Neonzone
is there any update? - still no possibility to create animation tracks with the engine?
same question is in the roadmap ?
Staff
534 posts
Both version 1 (and version 2) of the plugin still dont have the ability to create animation tracks/handle skeletal meshes and animations.

We do have some animation related features planned, but they will likely be after the v2 release.
  • Quick Links