Big mesh splitting vs collision

1981   1   1
17 posts
I got an idea about making palisade mesh from curve. Due to it nature its size varies. I made a property that split it into multiple meshes: I used packing to split it and move pivots to centroids of every part. But for it to have any use it needs collisions. So I decided to split every part of palisade into rendered ucx groups. Now after some time i updated plugin and… now every collision group is making new mesh. Is there is a way to generate mesh with many collision groups?

Also next thing:. Id like to change uproperty: unreal_uproperty_CollisionComplexity to simple and complex but it is not working… I suppose that it should be integer = 1. But it is nor working that way. Either primitive or detail.
67 posts
MightyKaziu
I got an idea about making palisade mesh from curve. Due to it nature its size varies. I made a property that split it into multiple meshes: I used packing to split it and move pivots to centroids of every part. But for it to have any use it needs collisions. So I decided to split every part of palisade into rendered ucx groups. Now after some time i updated plugin and… now every collision group is making new mesh. Is there is a way to generate mesh with many collision groups?

Also next thing:. Id like to change uproperty: unreal_uproperty_CollisionComplexity to simple and complex but it is not working… I suppose that it should be integer = 1. But it is nor working that way. Either primitive or detail.

I generate multiple collision meshes regularly. I usually create a low res shape set of geometry for a section and then assign a ucx group name. Each group name must be unique or they will merge.

I have attached what my output looks like. I do not have a good node example as I have widgets that create most of my collisions for me. The zeros are only there in case the widget needs to generate more than one group. In this case they did not. But you can see that each group is unique and has its own specific geometry. The tricky part in having base widgets is passing extra suffix around to compose the group name dynamically so if I have lets say 3 columns in an asset they all can be passed a different suffix so each creates unique collision group names.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
multiplecollisiongroups.PNG (50.8 KB)

• Quick Links