Alembic Export Issue

1625   1   0
1 posts
HI,

First post here. Hopefully I've found the correct place to ask such a question. I've created a very simple object (test geo) dropping and shattering effect. I'm pleased with how it appears in Houdini, but I would like to export it as .abc and render it in a different application.

I'm able to use File>Export Alembic or use a rop_alembic node to export an Alembic file. Issue is that a duplicate object (test geo) is in my scene. It doesn't appear as such in Houdini, but does when the Alembic is opened in both KeyShot and Blender.

I have a feeling the object that's appearing (that I don't want to appear) is the test geo in its original location before my transform node moved it off the (0,0,0) location in Houdini.

Any suggestions on how to export/include only the object (a single instance of the test geo) that I want.

Attached:
  • how it appears in Houdini… correct
  • how it appears in KeyShot… incorrect

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance if anyone's able to help.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.41.09 AM.png (2.0 MB)
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 12.41.28 AM.png (1.5 MB)

2536 posts
Go to the /out context and drop down an Alembic export node instead of using the File export. The Alembic node has some more options available.

I have had some sketchy support out of Blender. Blender expects all Alembic objects to have a @name attribute. So review your setup and make sure all your object have names.

Also on your DOP Import node you can filter what gets pulled in from the DOP network. Try removing the original object.
Edited by Enivob - March 29, 2018 09:10:29
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
  • Quick Links