Importing from zbrush

5153   5   2
23 posts
Hi,
I would like to konw how can import an object from ZBrush to Houdini, wath I have to do?
Thank you very much
2199 posts
check this thread over at odforce

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3462&hl=zbrush [odforce.net]
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
23 posts
Sorry, I didn't explain well, what i try to do is move (export) an object or model from Zbrush to Houdini.
Thanks.
2199 posts
Well to quote from the above link

Export the detailed geometry in OBJ-format: Use the button ‘Tool/Export’.
- Change the OBJ-extension to lower case.
- Start Houdini, add a geometry-operator and enter the SOP-level.
- Add a file-SOP and set the path to the OBJ-file from ZBrush.
- Switch to the shaders (SHOP) - open the palette-window (Alt+g or menu ‘Tools/Shader Palette …’).
Change the directory with the ‘VEX_ZBrush_Displacement.palette’ - import the shader for the displacement-map (use ‘Drag&Drop’).
- Open the option for the new shader and enter the location for the by ZBrush generated displacement-image - ‘D-Map (ZBrush)’.
- Go back to the SOP-level and add a shader-SOP to the network. Select in the option-pane (press ‘P’) the new displacement-shader for ‘surface’.
- Add a subdivision-SOP to the network.
- Render the scene. Refine the displacement-level in the shader-option-pane if necessary and re-render.

Does that answer your question?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
23 posts
Hi, thank you very much for your replies, I tried for many models but only couple of them were loaded, thats normal? or do I to add specific conditions for Houdini to read Zbrush objects?
I am exporting just the Zbrush models to Houdini's Geometry path, those models don't have any shader jet.
Thank you again.
23 posts
Hi, never mind ,I didn't change OBJ to lower case, all fine, I'll try with shaders.
Thanks!!!
  • Quick Links