applying gravity to some particle advected by volume

2869   4   1
27 posts
hi everyone , i've got some particles which are being advected by some volume, i wanna apply gravity force to these particles when reached to some specific Age, so they are not affected by the volume velocity anymore from some age, as AdvectByVolume node uses velocity information of a volume to do advection, gravity seems not to be overriding and affecting it correctly . what can i do to achieve something like this ? thanks a lot for any help ..
336 posts
Probably a few ways to do this, but I would put a simple conditional statement in the popadvectbyvolumes. See attached

Attachments:
advectPOPvelblend.hip (807.1 KB)

27 posts
AndyW
Probably a few ways to do this, but I would put a simple conditional statement in the popadvectbyvolumes. See attached
thanks a lot @andyw .. good solution .. i've heard of using a volume sample popVop to do something similar but i have not idea how it can be used as it seems like having more control i don't know . .
393 posts
behzad_ph
thanks a lot @andyw .. good solution .. i've heard of using a volume sample popVop to do something similar but i have not idea how it can be used as it seems like having more control i don't know . .

Hey Behzad, I set this up quickly to show you how it could be done. Hope that helps!
Edited by Tanto - May 18, 2018 10:45:21

Attachments:
volume_sample_pop.hip (484.2 KB)

27 posts
Tanto
behzad_ph

Hey Behzad, I set this up quickly to show you how it could be done. Hope that helps!
that was perfect @Tanto . thank you so much
  • Quick Links