Ocean surface extension weirdness

2432   3   3
15 posts
Hey everyone.

I've been studying the Intermediate Ocean FX tutorial on pluralsight over and over. For some reason every now and then when I recreate this scene I'm always seeing my extended ocean do really weird stuff like have a huge piece hanging in the sky or below the surfase on an angle. It usually changes positions or goes away when I change the output to surface polygons or compressed fluid surface.

Can anyone help me get rid of these weird things in my scene? I'm doing eveything step by step and still getting these. Man, houdini is hard to master.

Pierre

Edited by PJM33 - Aug. 1, 2018 23:41:38

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2018-08-01 23-34-01.png (682.8 KB)
Screenshot from 2018-08-01 23-39-19.png (731.5 KB)

Pierre-James
pierrejamesart.com
19 posts
It would surely help if you'd supply a sample file for further scrutiny.
33 posts
Happened to me too a couple of times. I've noticed that helps modifying in the particle fluid surface “Erosion scale” and some parameters in the flattening tab (For example “Flatten distance” and “Pad Bounds” and “Extrude distance/subdivisions”). Also disabling the deleting of primitives based on camera frustum can help.

I still have no idea what causes this problem so this “solution” may not work for your scene
FX Artist - Scanline VFX
16 posts
Hey, it happened to me before, just decrease the “Region Voxel Scale” in the top of the particle fluid surface and it get fixed.
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/josezalez [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links