[SOLVED] Getting list of active MPlay session from the main Houdini process?

1498   2   1
8 posts
Hi Houdini friends,

Does anyone tried or know, how to get a list of active MPlay sessions from the main Houdini process? Basically like a list of port - Mplay session pairs or the like, or even session labels.
Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Viola Lyu
Edited by lvwanqi - Sept. 25, 2018 12:13:35
5 posts
That's right, that sounds like a race condition. Have you attempted simply setting the env factors in python (putenv)? At the point when Houdini produces MPlay, MPlay acquires all the earth factors that were set. Else I guess you could hold up until the .flipbook_lock document shows up, and afterward run the flipbook, as it's MPlay that makes the lockfile.
8 posts
VijaySinghKhatri
That's right, that sounds like a race condition. Have you attempted simply setting the env factors in python (putenv)? At the point when Houdini produces MPlay, MPlay acquires all the earth factors that were set. Else I guess you could hold up until the .flipbook_lock document shows up, and afterward run the flipbook, as it's MPlay that makes the lockfile.

Hi Vijay Singh,

Thanks for the reply, it was also me who posted in the od|force forum, and this problem is solved
  • Quick Links