Flip Solver Surface Tension Blur

2031   2   1
4 posts
Hey!

Iv got a scene where I'm emitting off the tip of a whales tail for the water left effect without using a full tank sim.

Now iv got it acting how i want but the surface tension(FLIP Solver) i want to fall off over the length of the particle stream. Iv been searching for 2 days and cant find anything to control this mask filter feature or visualize it, unfortunately i am very new to Houdini but i have gone through the documentation and over the flip master class where they brought up this feature for 16.5. If there is anyone that can shed some light on how to actually use this feature or achieve what iv explained it would be much appreciated!
Pipeline TD
12 posts
It seems like you want to be able to control the amount of “surface tension” in different areas of your flip sim. I recently had a situation where I wanted to do the same thing. I didn't find a way to directly control tension, but I did find a quick and dirty work around, and that is using the “density” particle attribute. if you lower or increase the particle density attribute, it affects how much surface tension affects your sim, but may have other side effect.

Karl
4 posts
Thanks Karl, I am in deed trying to control the amount of surface tension in different areas. I will take a look into that and see if it can help with what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks for the input!
Pipeline TD
  • Quick Links