Lock clump density

1041   3   0
7 posts
Hey guys,

I am groomer in the industry and I am currently working with Houdini.
I have an issue figuring out if it's possible to lock the clump density such as in yeti or xGen.

To explain, if I am using a density of 10 000 and I am super happy with my clumps but I feel like I need to incrase the density. As soon as I am gonna change the density my clumps will also change. Is there a way to keep my clumps as they are EXACTLY and just increase / decrease the global density in a way that my clumps are more or less dense at the end.

Tried a lot of stuff but couldn't find any solution for this and that's very annoying.
With yeti you can just check the “lock density” inside your scatter node for exemple.

Thanks a lot for your help
Jordan
7 posts
Hey,

still struggling with this, if anybody have an idea I would love to take it :d

Cheers guys
1755 posts
I'm not sure I understand - when you lock the density in Yeti, doesn't that imply the fact that the total number of hairs is also constant?
Logic says, you have to also increase the surface area along with the total number of hairs in order to keep a constant density.
How does “lock density” allow you to increase/decrease density anyway?
Until you clear these things up, in Houdini try working with the total number of hairs instead of density and see if that helps.
7 posts
Well basically Houdini gave me the solution.

But when I was talking about the lock density on Yeti is that you can chose to check the lock density on the scatter of your clumps, so if you increase the global density by 10 ou 20 or whatever, your clumps will stick to the same density (and same position), when the hair is 10 times denser.

But yeti graph is a bit different because you basically have a scatter which is driving each clumps. So you can increase your latest scatter which is giving the hair density without affecting your clumps scatter.

Anyway you can re-do that within Houdini by feeding your clump with another hairgen!
  • Quick Links