How can I save Landscape layers in a proper folder not in a temp folder

2555   3   0
1 posts
Hi, I'm a new Houdini user and I have a landscape layer question.

I got layer info when I export and import landscape from Houdini to Unreal, and it works great.
However, it looks like always generate new layer info and save them to temp folder with some random name.
I want to export/import properly. like output, so that I can save them in proper folder.
Can I do that?
Selene
68 posts
It looks like that you are using HDA pipeline?
It this case, I think they will recommend full automatic..
29 posts
On a related note, I think you should check the UE4 Landscape Layer files in HoudiniEngine/Temp to source control, otherwise when someone else opens the project your landscapes will not be painted correctly until the layer files are re-generated (e.g., via a Houdini asset Re-build).

But I'm new to Houdini/UE4 integration so if someone else has a better idea for workflow and playing nice with other game devs on your team, let me know.
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

Doug is right, the Landscape Layer Info Objects stored in the HoudiniEngine/Temp folder should be version controlled as they actually store your landscape layers amongst other things (generated materials should also live there).

We dont currently have an integrated way of renaming/moving those in the plugin.
  • Quick Links