Fatal error: Segmentation fault

24838   6   3
8 posts
Hello, please help me. I can't get running Houdini 17.0.352 on my laptop (windows 8.1.) After install it was working properly, but after restart, everytime I'll do an object and turn on smooth shaded it will crash immediately (wireframe works).
I've tried everything I could:
- googling solutions
- update all drivers
- reinstall houdini
- try to install windows 10 (wasn't possible because of my laptop)

crash report:
Qt Warn: Warning: QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO is deprecated. Instead use:
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to enable platform plugin controlled per-screen factors.
QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS to set per-screen factors.
QT_SCALE_FACTOR to set the application global scale factor.
4008: Fatal error: Segmentation fault
Saving application data to CUsers/KUBAN_~1/AppData/Local/Temp/houdini_temp/crash.untitled.kuban_000_4008.hiplc
Edited by Kuban - Feb. 20, 2019 05:03:40

Attachments:
14b6b1e626b66dceb78c4045abfa75da.gif (1.5 MB)

6 posts
I'm O.k When clicking torous. I use Houdini 17.0.459 and 17.0.497.

But When i use Auto Rig and Generate Rig, Fatal errors occurs. Why is it? First pic is 17.0.459 Second is 17.0.497.

I use window 10 64 bit

Attachments:
K-052.png (64.3 KB)
K-053.png (129.3 KB)

900 posts
ask SESI support, they are quite fast to respond https://www.sidefx.com/bugs/submit/ [www.sidefx.com]
Also, provide your system-info file by going to Help -> About -> Save.

Cheers
Edited by Andr - Feb. 20, 2019 11:13:51
2 posts
Hey everyone,

also had the Fatal error: Segmentation fault with 17.5 on my laptop and already submitted a bug (sesi).

BUT after deinstalling intel and nvidia graphic drivers through my hardware manager and reinstalling them again, everything works fine.

Also:
Restarting without any driveres and deleting the following file C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_f8d8be8fea71e1a0\igdrclneo64.dll
I did that because the houdini crash log mentioned it. It's nvidias OpenCL Lib I guess.
After that I reinstalled all the drivers cleanly.

I think there is an issue with the OpenCL stuff regarding the intel hd / nvidia drivers on mobile systems.
Houdini 17.5 didn't even get through the splashscreen for me.

Kinda bruteforcing for sure but it worked out for me at the end.

My system is a lenovo ideapad 720s with nvidia hd 630 and a gtx 1050 ti.

Best
John
83 posts
i encountered this issue when i changed registry for fix a GPU timeout issue,when i change the registry back the issue not happen again
12 posts
I'm reporting same issue on Houdini 16.5.576
Launching a flipbook, 3 Million particles + some mid res geo, it crashes giving me the “53313: Fatal Error: segmentation fault (sent by pid 0)”

Working on Linux CentOS6, 64 GB or ram, 12 threads and the System monitor barely shows me half of the ram used and clearly not all threads running max power.

If you guys have any idea what causes that please let me know.

Thanks

Thomas
1 posts
I had the same problem, in my case I fixed reinstalling a clean version of my NVIDIA drive, I dont know if that helps but when I was downloading from NVIDIA there are 2 options of drivers, one for gaming another one called studio, I got the studio one, maybe that interfere with the GPU TIME OUT, just guessing.
  • Quick Links