obj import issue

2606   2   0
2 posts
No idea why, but I am unable to import any .obj file types into Houdini 17.5.173 Other formats like .fbx seem to work fine. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Attachments:
Screenshot_45.jpg (62.2 KB)

2 posts
For anyone that comes across this issue. The issue seems to be with the .env file I think the quixel bridge, but still need to test to figure it out. I basically made Houdini make a fresh env file and the issue went away. Also of note, mantra rendering was not working as well but with a new env it works again. Hope this info can save someone some time and headaches.
21 posts
LabMonster13
For anyone that comes across this issue. The issue seems to be with the .env file I think the quixel bridge, but still need to test to figure it out. I basically made Houdini make a fresh env file and the issue went away. Also of note, mantra rendering was not working as well but with a new env it works again. Hope this info can save someone some time and headaches.

Same happening here I was getting this error in mantra rop: Command Exit Code: -1073740791

I could fix it just commenting the quixel bridge line, so maybe they need to fix something for H17.5, or I will need to make some deeper tests, since I have different HOUDINI_PATH references in the env, and I remember some problems with the “;&” and the end of those path some versions ago (specially then with the GameDevTools).
  • Quick Links