Houdini Crashes

1800   3   1
27 posts
Can anyone help me pls? this is what happens on the video file when I start rendering after 3-7 frames (or sometimes right away) it turns off without any pop-ups or anything. what could be a problem? i have Corsair Vengeance 64GB Memory and Treadripper 2990wx.

Attachments:
final_5cbc257e5b66cb0014265b6d_440972.mp4 (1.7 MB)

310 posts
You might be capping your ram. If you have heavy polygon counts being considered in your render, try disabling rendering those objects and see if the render still fails after a few frames.
27 posts
I'm still having the same problem . is there something else which might cause this issue?
806 posts
Moin,

I had a ton of crashes with H17.5 recently, most of which have been almost impossible to reproduce, others are clearly FBX related (and from older experience I know that often it's the FBX import library that is causing the issues, so I am usually able to work around the crashes by converting the geometry to Houdini native *bgeo and work on that exclusively).

You may have to file a bug report including your test data - I know this can be painful especially with large files, but there's no “easy way out” if you only get crashes in a specific setup and cannot provide a way to reproduce them “from scratch”.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
  • Quick Links