IFD rendering over the farm

1947   2   0
123 posts
Heey it's me, again. Still about Deadline. Please note there is some progression here, I've now reached the rendering steps! Yay!

So that's more of a question for now : I created the IFD locally for now, but whenever I try to send them on the farm using a deadline scheduler, the default behaviour creates one job per frame. Obviously with 16 wedges of 200 frames each it's a bit overkill.

I'm looking to reproduce the default deadline behaviour which is to create one job with 200 tasks for each of my wedges.

I tried partionning before submitting with a frame range defined in the scheduler, but the machines seem to never be able to complete their task AND they all seem to be trying to render the first Ifd 200 times instead of the 200 ifds once.

Question is : using PDG, is creating a deadline Mantra job with multiple tasks, one for each frame, possible, or does the renderifd node requires more customisation at this point ?
571 posts
Currently, the TOP deadline scheduler doesn't support tasks within jobs. But this is something we are planning to add support for in the near future.

As for the TOP RenderIFD, yes it would be useful for it to support batch renders. One idea would be to add support for partitions for RenderIFD, so that it batch renders the items in a partition. Are you able to submit an RFE for this?
123 posts
I would definitely support partitions to batch render, yes. We entirely rely on ifds for farm rendering, so the feature would really help a lot. Good to know it's not only a restriction with ifds but with deadline as a whole, too !

Thanks for the info, I'll look into RFE'ing this tomorrow.
  • Quick Links