Subnet references Error while editing HDA parameters

1794   2   1
16 posts
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a character rig HDA and I got to the point where I want to add the parameters for the control rig. The HDA is already set up, seems it's working when I'm importing it in other hip file.
But, each time I want to add new parameters to the HDA I get “The selected subnet has references to nodes outside the subnet” error. I double and triple checked to see if the path are relative for those specific nodes from the error and some of them don't even have constraints on them (the error is about not properly resolving constraints nodes) and other ones which have constraints do have relative path using ../
Has anyone else encounter this situation? Is there a fix to this cause as I mentioned I get this error each time I want a new parameter added to the HDA and then I get Houdini internal error.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by azeroc - May 13, 2019 03:53:09

Attachments:
subnet_error.jpg (638.3 KB)

16 posts
Please, no one has encountered this issue?
7 posts
Hello Azeroc,

I don't know if you found the solution jet. But I had the same problem. And I found out what I did wrong. I made some mistakes creating the “Blend Constraints”. So Some of my “_ctrl” nodes had a bad constraint on them. When I checked off the “Enable Constraints” check box, the error was gone.

I hope this helps or that you already found the solution.

Karel
  • Quick Links