Managing Vectors for Pyro Sim

472   0   1
1 posts
I'm currently trying to figure out how to use velocity to drive pyro sims. Basically, my current problem is I'm trying to create a torus of spinning smoke. Currently, I'm getting somewhat of the way there by using the polyframe node to take the bitangent but while that's 80% the way there the vector needs to be facing into the circle instead of out. So my question is what is the easiest way/best to control vectors relative to their current orientation so a mass translate would be possible. Another question I have is about adding/Importing multiple vector fields to a pyro sim. Basically, I'm using a bunch of sources to generate different vectors, then using an attribute transfer to give those vectors to my density/temp sourcing points then merging them back into one Out_null. I'm assuming in that last step is where it goes wrong because only the first velocity field is imported into the sim. Is there a node that adds these together or do I need to import them individually from their own Out's or am I thinking about this all wrong? Thanks for the help.
  • Quick Links