Can I set my grooming on fire ?

1065   3   0
2 posts
Hello.

After new year I will start on a bachelor project, where I use Houdini for hair groomin and sim, but I have an idea to add in the hair sim. Im no way super great with Houdini to know ‘how’ or ‘if’ it is possible to set the hair on fire, so I asking you, whoever that may know a smart pipeline for that part of the project or if it is even possible.

Rigth now im practicing and experimenting with workflows for the hair and trying to use the guides for source to the pyro FX.

Hope some of you can help me out.
8551 posts
Sourcing since H17 is done from points which contain attributes like pscale, fuel, temperature, v, …

And since hair are just curves that can be resampled to points and all needed attributes can be added, then the answer is yes, you can set the groom on fire
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
2 posts
Tamte:
Thank you so much for the reply! But im not sure how it will work.
When you resample the guides that will be simed and added the differents attributes, is it then possible to ad the pyro FX to the guides?? Becaues I can select them with pyro FX, but nothing comes out of it only an empty sim.
Should I then be creating the flames myself?

Emma Lindberg
Student
Truemax Acadamy, Denamrk
13 posts
You should look at this Pyro tutorial: https://vimeo.com/337840776 [vimeo.com]

it will show you the basics of pyro sims, and how to use an input (modeling of a tree in the tutorial, but polylines or points would workjust the same).
  • Quick Links