No matrial assigned to terrain

1545   4   0
4 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to follow along with Indiepixels PDG tutorial for Unity. I've got to the stage where he applies the textures to the terrain using masks, however, when I cook the texture nodes, the outputted terrain is pink, meaning no material has been assigned to it. Do I need to do this manually or is there a setting that I'm unaware of and haven't assigned it properly.

On Houdini 17.5 and Unity 2019.3 Alpha.

Would appreciate any help!
29 posts
olindstrom
Hi,

I'm trying to follow along with Indiepixels PDG tutorial for Unity. I've got to the stage where he applies the textures to the terrain using masks, however, when I cook the texture nodes, the outputted terrain is pink, meaning no material has been assigned to it. Do I need to do this manually or is there a setting that I'm unaware of and haven't assigned it properly.

Have you set a default terrain material in HoudiniEngine -> Plugin Settings?
4 posts
daschatten
olindstrom
Hi,

Have you set a default terrain material in HoudiniEngine -> Plugin Settings?

That option does not show up for me. Could there be an issue with Unity 2019.3? Or is it an issue with the version of the Houdini engine? Currentlu 3.2.4.
4 posts
Does no one have an answer for this? I have tried the plugin in a number of different engine versions but the option is not there.

This is what the Settings panel looks like for me.

Attachments:
Settings.jpg (107.1 KB)

4 posts
Downloading the latest version of the Houdini engine from GitHub seems to have done the trick. Guess I must have used an old version of the engine or something.
  • Quick Links