Change the camera framing colour / transparency in the scene views?

2116   10   1
408 posts
Is it possible to change the camera framing colour and transparency in the scene view? The current colour scheme is not making it obvious enough for my taste what the boundaries of the camera resolution is sometimes and i'd like to make that completely opaque rather than the current transparency around the camera frame.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Sept. 4, 2019 12:43:20

Attachments:
camframe.JPG (99.3 KB)

Staff
5156 posts
Yes, you can adjust the View Mask Opacity in the View tab of the Display Options (d).
408 posts
Awesome, thanks a lot.
4189 posts
The mask colour is changed via the slightly-obtruse Python Panel->Viewport Color Editor under ViewMaskOverlayColor. Enjoy.
408 posts
goat
The mask colour is changed via the slightly-obtruse Python Panel->Viewport Color Editor under ViewMaskOverlayColor. Enjoy.

It's so well hidden that i can't even find it with your instructions …Python panel? All i can find is Python Panel Editor and there isn't such thing as viewport colours in there.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Sept. 4, 2019 18:07:21
7747 posts
goat

Is that a custom python panel? I don't see that panel.
4189 posts
That's the one. Its in the help for that panel, scroll down and look for the examples. Then load it in. Ftw!
408 posts
goat
Viewport Color Editor

Got it! Thanks!

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Sept. 4, 2019 18:56:53

Attachments:
gotit.JPG (219.9 KB)

408 posts
Ouch, already regretting changing that. Since i did i have a nasty lag when choosing node after pressing the tab key. The pop up menus take way longer to open. And i'm getting this permanent warning in the console (which i can not even close anymore):

Qt Warn: QWindowsContext::windowsProc: No Qt Window found for event 0x1c (WM_ACTIVATEAPP), hwnd=0x0xe70884.

Cheers,

A.
Edited by Adriano - Sept. 4, 2019 20:47:47
4189 posts
Whoah! sorry for the hassle.

Wish there was some space in the Display Options for a colour swatch. Not sure where it could go though.
408 posts
goat
Whoah! sorry for the hassle.

Wish there was some space in the Display Options for a colour swatch. Not sure where it could go though.

Reverted back to the default colour. The transparency option was good enough for me anyway. Thanks for your time, appreciated.

Cheers,

A.
  • Quick Links