Houdini PopNet and Forces into Niagara

2770   7   0
33 posts
Hello,
Exploring the world of CSV's from Houdini in Niagara. Is there a way to load PopNet's or forces into Niagara via CSV?
394 posts
Can you expand on what you want to do with forces?

Writing particle sims to csv is possible as long as you set the time and life attributes correctly. Have a look at the interpolate example for how to do that.
33 posts
Thanks so much for your response! Without a wall of text, I just want to use forces/velocity(everything from fluid sims to curl noise to the normal pop forces) to control and art direct particles in Niagara.
And forgive me, could you point me to where I can find that interpolate example? Thanks again!
394 posts
Here you go, https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/56573/ [www.sidefx.com]
33 posts
Thanks for your reply. Pouring over your videos, I was not able to figure out how to get CSV's into UE4. When I import a CSV, I get a dialog asking to “Import As” and “Choose DataTable Row Type” From your example I didn't see this dialog. How do I import a CSV in a way UE4 knows it's a Houdini CSV?
33 posts
Still looking into how to import a CSV and I'm unable to find anything. Could someone point me to how to import CSV's? I'd greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks!
394 posts
I think you just need to rename the file extension to “hcsv”.
33 posts
That did it thank you!
  • Quick Links