Can Houdini work on Vista ?

4500   5   3
2 posts
Dear all ,

I have just got the new version of Houdini running with vista . However , there seems to be some problem becasue I cannot read the words in the window panel .

is it because it is running with vista or is it because my graphic card is a Intel graphic accelerator 3000 integrated. Someone pls help me cos i am relly bad at this .

Thanks
eelynn
1192 posts
The system requirements, including OS and graphic card, are detailed here [sidefx.com]

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
2 posts
Sorry , I am really an idoit when it comes to technical spec… can you please tell me if the graphic card I have now is the okie for the houdini ….

Sorry for the trouble
1145 posts
You might want to read this before spending too much time in Vista. I have no personal ax to grind with Microsoft, but the implications of this are not helpful to our industry.
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/1640/159/ [michaelgeist.ca]
“gravity is not a force, it is a boundary layer”
“everything is coincident”
“Love; the state of suspended anticipation.”
1631 posts
fridaylomo
Sorry , I am really an idoit when it comes to technical spec… can you please tell me if the graphic card I have now is the okie for the houdini ….

Sorry for the trouble
Please go to this thread [sidefx.com]& read my reply.

Cheers!
steven
6 posts
So without reading a bunch of threads and system requirements, I take it the consensus is “hold on with installing Vista”? Is that correct?
  • Quick Links