SideFX Labs - RizomUV Bridge

22163   43   7
15 posts
Hi,
I was just watching the video by Luiz Kruel on using the three nodes associated with the RizomUV software. I have version 18.287 and the nodes don't show-up. I believe that the video was made with version 17.5.360 and was dated 27/11/19. The believe that comments did say that the nodes were included with version 18 in the SideFX Labs.
Was wondering what I was doing wrong.
Thank you,
Steve Shook
378 posts
stevenshook
Hi,
I was just watching the video by Luiz Kruel on using the three nodes associated with the RizomUV software. I have version 18.287 and the nodes don't show-up. I believe that the video was made with version 17.5.360 and was dated 27/11/19. The believe that comments did say that the nodes were included with version 18 in the SideFX Labs.
Was wondering what I was doing wrong.
Thank you,
Steve Shook

It doesn't seem to be in the local production build but in the 303 build when you turn off “production build only” in the tool update.
Information on this is all very vague.
Edited by OneBigTree - Nov. 29, 2019 23:40:18
15 posts
I keep getting the error message:

Error
Invalid source /obj/geo1/rizomuv_unwrap1/file1
Error: Unable to read file “C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx”.
GeometryIO: Unable to open file ‘C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx’
GeometryIO: Unable to open file ‘C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx’.
378 posts
stevenshook
I keep getting the error message:

Error
Invalid source /obj/geo1/rizomuv_unwrap1/file1
Error: Unable to read file “C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx”.
GeometryIO: Unable to open file ‘C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx’
GeometryIO: Unable to open file ‘C:/Users/Steven/sidefx_rizom_bridge_untitled_rizomuv_unwrap1.fbx’.

Same here. Even though I manually configured the path to the exe and the temp directory.
Apparently no fbx is written.
Edited by OneBigTree - Nov. 30, 2019 00:18:46
15 posts
At least I'm glad that I not alone.
I did the same thing and no fbx file was written. Most likely a bug in the system.
12 posts
Same error, and thorws this when cook button is pressed.
Geometry used - default pighead.

Error running callback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “<stdin>”, line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘cook’
Edited by IceBar0n - Nov. 30, 2019 11:31:36
15 posts
I found that if I save a file out as a fbx in a location and then point to it the error goes away. But the cook process doesn't work.
There is a file node inside of the RizomUV node that tries to read a file that isn't there and produces the error. Will have to wait until SideFX fixes the problem. Because it is much easier to just save out the file and take into RizomUV generate the UVs and then process the file inside of Houdini as normal and forget the bridge.

Have a great weekend.
48 posts
I am having the exact same issues. Cannot get RizomUV nodes to work. I am on Mac OS Catalina with Houdini 18. I noticed that the RizomUV Processor node inside of the RizomUV Unwrap node points to a Windows directory (i.e., C:\). Because the node is locked out, I cannot change the settings. Are there Houdini.env settings that I could impose?
378 posts
JabbaTheNut
I am having the exact same issues. Cannot get RizomUV nodes to work. I am on Mac OS Catalina with Houdini 18. I noticed that the RizomUV Processor node inside of the RizomUV Unwrap node points to a Windows directory (i.e., C:\). Because the node is locked out, I cannot change the settings. Are there Houdini.env settings that I could impose?

I can easily change the path in the advanced section of the unwrap node and save as permanent defaults.
240 posts
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at this today and hopefully solve this issue.

Just so I'm aware of all of them. It seems like it's a pathing issue in non windows machines.

Is everyone here not on Windows or is there another bug I should chase
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
48 posts
Hi OneBigTree,

You are correct, thank you. As per your suggestion, I was able to make, and save, the app location in the RizomUV Unwrap node.

However, I still get the following error:

48 posts
lkruel
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look at this today and hopefully solve this issue.

Just so I'm aware of all of them. It seems like it's a pathing issue in non windows machines.

Is everyone here not on Windows or is there another bug I should chase

Cook fails in the RizomUV Unwrap node with the following error:

I have tried setting the Rizom Location to the appropriate location, but the cook error still occurs. Also, no FBX file is created.
Edited by JabbaTheNut - Dec. 1, 2019 11:25:36
240 posts
Hey everyone,

I've fixed the problem, which was an error when porting the tools to Labs. If you want to get yourself going, unlock the HDA and rename the “rizomuv_processor1” node to “rizom_processor”.

The tools do work on 17.5 on the GameDev Toolset if you're looking for something immediate as well.

The Labs version will be update with tonight's build and will be working tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting the issue.

Mac Users will still have to change the default to the correct location unfortunately.

Luiz
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
15 posts
Luiz,
I made the change and the error goes away, but the cook function doesn't work. I get this when I click on “cook”.

I seems to hang on the rizomuv_processor node. It makes a call to the RizomUV program and transfers the geometry to the program but doesn't proceed from that point back to Houdini.

When I save RizomUV the program quits and returns to rizomuv_unrap node, but doesn't make any changes to the UVs.
Edited by stevenshook - Dec. 1, 2019 13:55:39
240 posts
Hey Stevenshook,

Can you make sure that the name you used to rename it's the same name on the callback in the Cook Button parameter

it should be
hou.pwd().node("rizom_processor").cook(force=True); hou.pwd().parm("file1/reload").pressButton()
Luiz Kruel
Senior Technical Artist
SideFX
15 posts
Sorry Luiz,

I am kind of new to this and not sure where to find it. If I look at the edit interface of the rizomuv node I can see the “Cook” button, but the tag is grayed out.
48 posts
Hi Luiz,

I checked my Cook button Callback Script. It has “rizom_processor” as you describe above. I also changed the name of the RizomUV Processor inside of the RizomUV Unwrap node to “rizomuv_processor”. As well, I changed the file1 geometry file reference to “rizomuv_processor” instead of “rizomuv_processor1”. Lastly, I created an FBX file that matched the name expected by the file1 node inside the RizomUV Unwrap node. In all cases, I am still getting the following error:

Also…

After hitting the Cook button couple of times, Houdini seams to hang. I have to Force Quit to close it.
Edited by JabbaTheNut - Dec. 1, 2019 17:22:36
378 posts
@stevenshook
What he means is this:
Unlock the rizomUV node by rightclicking on the node and select “allow editing…”
dive into the network of the rizom node and find the rizomuv_processor. Click on it and change its name from “rizomuv_processor1” to “rizom_processor” (remove the uv and the 1)

go back one level and check your rizom path and the output path again.
After that it should work when you click on cook.
Edited by OneBigTree - Dec. 1, 2019 17:27:15

Attachments:
rizom.JPG (415.1 KB)

378 posts
@Luiz
how can I make these changes permanent?

Edit: nvm, got it.

Thanks for the quick fix anyway.
Edited by OneBigTree - Dec. 1, 2019 17:32:20
48 posts
Hi OneBigTree,

Your instructions worked for me! Big thanks

I think I didn't remove the “uv” from the name, only the “1”. Anyway, it works now.
  • Quick Links