Cannot sign into License Administrator Houdini 2018

5939   13   2
12 posts
I cannot sign in to my license administrator. I enter my email address and when i click “Next” i get the following error:

“SSL peer certificate or SSL remote key was not OK (60): SSL certificate problem: sel”

I cannot see the end of the error. I have tried changing my passwork on the sideFx website. it had no effect. I tried restarting. That had no effect. I'm on a Mac Book Pro using High Sierra, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7. I checked to see if my computer was listed as incompatible with Houdini 2018 and it seems fine. 64 bit with OSX > 10.12.0. Mine is 64 bit with 10.13.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
12 posts
I solved the problem by entering the license keys manually. Tedious, but not as tedious as tracking down certificate errors.
30 posts
Agree something is up with auto license generation. Doing it manually is very easy - just follow the instructions.
33 posts
I have had the same problem but since I was upgrading, I was able to Install Licenses for 18 using my License Administrator 17.5.425.
Staff
175 posts
For OSX users, please download the cacert.pem file from curls website [curl.haxx.se]. The file is at the top of the page, on the left-hand side.

Rename the downloaded file to cert.pem and move it to /etc/ssl. You will need elevated privileges to modify the contents in /etc/ssl. The new file will be located as /etc/ssl/cert.pem.

The issue is that the certificate chain hkey uses has an expired certificate. While this can occur on any platform, we are seeing this issue mostly with Mac OSX High Sierra.

After replacing the system /etc/ssl/cert.pem file with the one you have downloaded, you should be able to log into your account with the Houdini 18.0 License Administrator (hkey).

Please note this problem should be fixed within the first couple of daily builds.

In June 2020, we are deprecating the API that hkey version 17.5 and lower use to communicate with sidefx.com. Please let me know if there are any other issues with hkey 18.0 as downgrading to 17.5 will soon no longer be an option.
Matt Warner
Software Developer - Licensing
SideFX
12 posts
Thank you all for your feedback. I was able to log in using @mattw's advice. The Houdini community is awesome!
4 posts
Matt's advice also did the trick for me. Thank you.
3 posts
worked for me as well thanks!
1 posts
worked for me too, running High Sierra
1 posts
Can anyone let me know where to find the etc/ssl folder to place the cert.pem into? I'm on OSX Sierra.

I've just started my second year of an animation degree and I'm jumping headfirst into Houdini and this is a bummer of a way to start off, haha
Staff
175 posts
@martinewills This FAQ [www.sidefx.com] should help with placing the cert.pem in the correct location on OSX.
Matt Warner
SideFX
2 posts
when I click on it takes me to a support page.
I'v followed the steps up to where it says : directory through: Finder->Go->Go to folder and type /etc/ssl where I get stuck.
I think this (Finder->Go) means, open finder and then open something that could be a /folder/app/search engine/(I can figure that out) but I don't know where or what this (->Go) is.

I'v been trying pretty much every thing under the sun to find another way around this and obviously it hasn't worked.
any support would be very much appreciated!
Staff
175 posts
If you are using the latest hkey/sesictrl these steps should no longer be needed (this bug was fixed). If you are still experiencing issues please contact support so that we can get the bug re-activated with details of your setup.

Cheers,
Matt Warner
SideFX
2 posts
all sorted now, thanks!
  • Quick Links