Houdini 18 HQueue Error

11266   28   5
Staff
1255 posts
searaig
rvinluan
The RPCException: Server returned error 500: b'error is fixed in the daily builds. Unfortunately it wasn't detected until late in the release cycle and therefore was not fixed in time for the .287 gold build. Please use the daily builds for the HQueue server and clients.

I'm also getting this error on a mac, but, I'm an Apprentice user, so, I'm pretty sure I don't have access to Daily Builds. Any idea when another build for Apprentice users will be released / is there a workaround?

Thanks!

You can download the daily builds from here even if you are an Apprentice user:
https://www.sidefx.com/download/daily-builds/#category-devel [www.sidefx.com]

Cheers,
Rob
55 posts
Just in case anyone else is struggling with this … it took me a while to figure out where to find this. :/

Attachments:
hqueue setup.png (35.5 KB)

620 posts
I have a shared folder which UNC is “\\myserver\myteam\hquene” for HQROOT.
And map T: to “\\myserver\myteam” in artist workstation.
How to set On Windows?
Edited by jerry7 - Dec. 23, 2019 19:21:09
375 posts
Hello I have some questions about Hqueue. let's start by 2 questions :
- During the installation it was said Hqueue needs to communicate through ports 5000 and 5001. I changed port 5000 to another value in the ini files, but where can I change port 5001?
- Hqueue server is supposed to mount drive H as my network shared folder (on my NAS), but I don't see a drive H in Windows' file explorer, why?
Houdini gamboler
Staff
1255 posts
jerry7
I have a shared folder which UNC is “\\myserver\myteam\hquene” for HQROOT.
And map T: to “\\myserver\myteam” in artist workstation.
How to set On Windows?

Hello,

In the Network Folders page, try these settings:
- Project Variable => HQROOT
- Host => myserver
- on Windows => myteam
- Map to => T:

This will actually map $HQROOT to “\\myserver\myteam” instead of “\\myserver\myteam” which would be consistent with what T: maps to.

Also, if you are dealing with only Windows machines, then note that you can leave the “on Linux” and “on macOS” fields blank.

Cheers,
Rob
Staff
1255 posts
Grendizer
Hello I have some questions about Hqueue. let's start by 2 questions :
- During the installation it was said Hqueue needs to communicate through ports 5000 and 5001. I changed port 5000 to another value in the ini files, but where can I change port 5001?

Hello,

Port 5000 is the listen port used by the HQueue Server.
Port 5001 is the listen port used by the HQueue Client.

So to change port 5001, you need to go to each client machine and edit the `port` key in the HQueue Client's configuration file, C:\HQueueClient\hqnode.ini. Save the config file and then restart the HQueue Client service for the change to take effect.

Grendizer
- Hqueue server is supposed to mount drive H as my network shared folder (on my NAS), but I don't see a drive H in Windows' file explorer, why?

HQueue does not create the mapped drives. That work must be done outside of HQueue.

But you should register your network folder and mapped drive with HQueue so that the jobs know where to access shared files.

To register your network folder, go to the HQueue website, hover over the “hamburger” icon in the top-right corner and then choose Network Folders.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rob
375 posts
Hello rvinluan thanks for the info

In the HQueue Server ini file I replaced all occurences of 5000 by 5020
In the HQueue Client ini file I replaced :
port = 5001
by:
port = 5021
But then the client does not appear in the web interface.
However if I put 5020 also in the client's ini, it does appear in the web interface. So I must be missing something?

Thanks
Gz

UPDATE : I think I got it working by opening the 5021 port in Windows Firewall, but I have to confirm this, will keep you posted.
UPDATE 2 : NO it's still not working. With port 5021 open in Firewall , the client appears in the list but offline, with a grey spot. With port 5020 it appears online with a green spot.
Edited by Grendizer - Jan. 11, 2020 11:59:06
Houdini gamboler
Staff
1255 posts
Apologies. Looking at the code a little more closely and I was mistaken on how to set the HQueue Client listen port.

The portkey in the hqnode.inifile represents the listen port of the HQueue Server and not the HQueue Client. That key is used by the client to figure out where the server is located and how to connect to it. That explains why the client shows up as a green dot only when you set portto 5020.

Apparently there is no way to set the HQueue Client listen port in the hqnode.ini configuration file (I think an RFE is warranted for this). The only way to specify a custom client listen port is via a command-line option, `–listen-port XXXX`, which unfortunately is available only on Linux and macOS.

So there's currently no way to set a custom listen port for Windows HQueue clients.

Cheers,
Rob
375 posts
Thanks a lot for the info
Houdini gamboler
  • Quick Links