Hidden line ghost "Viewport Shading" - logic behind it !!

3496   4   2
4 posts
it seems i am not getting the logic behind the - “Hidden line ghost Viewport Shading” .i just read the H-docs which just tells -“Like Hidden Line Invisible, but ghosts (dims) lines obscured by surfaces”.
8539 posts
the difference is that for Hidden Line Invisible the inside is transparent while for ghost it's solid

so invisible shows background picture and construction grid through, while ghost will not

historically, if I remember correctly, there was only Hidden Line Ghost mode first, but since it's useful to see your scene overlayed over background for several reasons the Hidden Line Invisible was introduced
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
Staff
5158 posts
Wireframe ghost is a blend of pure Wireframe and Hidden Line. Wireframe shows all wires at equal intensity, Hidden Line hides wires of polygona that would normally not be visible. Ghost dims those “hidden” lines instead of hiding them.
33 posts
hi all, ive got this difference between 18 and 17,5 houdini and is there a way to make 18 looks like it was 17.5? cuz i need to see background through geometry, maybe some toggle somewhere in settings?
Edited by Konstantin Kovalenko - April 17, 2020 06:46:21
33 posts
found it
  • Quick Links