Deforming Crowd Agent Clothes - Using cloth deformer?

985   1   0
7 posts
Hey all,

I am having difficulty getting a high quality deformation for the clothes that I put on my agents.

For the clothes, I have a shirt modelled over the agent's t-pose, then captured using bone capture biharmonic SOP (in conjunction with solid embed and bone capture lines). The end result is a shirt that interpenetrates the agent's skin periodically throughout a run cycle. I have tried tweaking iterations on the biharmonic SOP, but this has little effect, as well as enlarging the input mesh in the solid embed SOP to no avail.

Alternatively, I have set up cloth capture and cloth deform SOPs to give me a fast and high quality deformation, however this doesn't seem to work with any of the crowd tools (I suspect any deformations require the boneCapture and not clothCapture attribute?).

Has anyone managed to get a decent deforming crowd clothing to work? Am I missing a trick here?

Any help appreciated!
2 posts
One thing you might want to explore further is adjusting the weights in your bone capture process. Sometimes subtle tweaks there can make a big difference in how the clothing interacts with the agent's body.
  • Quick Links