Modo to Houdini to 3DS Max to Swift3d

2475   2   0
5 posts
Hi, everyone.

I am going to make a Shockwave/Flash game with 3d characters and environments.

I modeled a figure in Modo. I triangulated and converted it to 3DS via Polytrans. 3DS Max rigging was killing me with the non proprietary model. Weird.

So, I need to get bones into my model, animate the model, but it must work in 3DS Max. I have a Max plugin for Swift 3d that outputs vector.

Will Houdini Escape work in this chain?

I have read using the search term, “Max,” but I am not finding the necessary info to put the pieces together on my own.

Last but not least, what is the deal with “Auto Rig?” Where is part 2 of the video that tells you how to capture geometry? I read on this topic as well and found more questions and vague references to archaic info on the 3D Buzz site and others.

I would like to capture geometry with my Auto Rig. Any concise info appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
523 posts
Last but not least, what is the deal with “Auto Rig?” Where is part 2 of the video that tells you how to capture geometry? I read on this topic as well and found more questions and vague references to archaic info on the 3D Buzz site and others.

Hello

I'm also waiting for the Part 2 of this tutorial (mentioned in part 1, but never came…)

thanks,

bern
5 posts
Bernard

Hello

I'm also waiting for the Part 2 of this tutorial (mentioned in part 1, but never came…)

thanks,

bern

Hiya Bern.

Nice to meet you.

I am going to keep pecking at it. I will certainly let you know if I should realize the answer.

The Help Contents instructions on this subject are kinda confusing. But that is why we drivers have road maps. lol

Take care.
  • Quick Links