Is it possible to Baking instances and export them ?

1193   1   0
1 posts
Hello,
I was just wondering whether it is possible to bake instance geo in Houdini like how we can bake in Maya.

I have a simple scene of points animating and forming a shape, I am using the copy to points node later on to pin a basic geo on to the points. Is there a way that I can separate the instanced geo so as each geo has its original animation in it? Essentially, is it possible to bake the instanced animation on the geo?

In maya after the instensed particle animation is done. I just selected the instancer and clicked Bake instancer to object, it just created a group with separated geo and backed animation. Trying to achieve that in Houdini.

sorry, I hope I was able to elaborate on the problem accurately, I am a native maya user trying to transition to Houdini.

Thanks
16 posts
What are you trying to achieve?

I am not sure if getting a crowded network view with a duplicate of a geometry node with it`s keyframed values is what you are after. You wanna be able to tweak the animation of each object individually?
Houdini`s power is that there is really no need for that.

If you want to be more specific of what the end goal is then maybe i could help you find the houdini way of doing it.
  • Quick Links