Add job pec from the hq render node

888   1   1
45 posts
Hello,

I am currently using hq render to submit both mantra and redshift job to the farm and everything works great.
Now I would like each machine to be able work on both mantra and redshift at the same time. In order to achieve that I have added some custom resources : 1 cpu and 1 gpu per machine.

The only thing left to do is to specify wheter the job requires a gpu or a cpu when I submit it.

Is there a way to do that using the HQueue Render node ? Or do I have to use the XML/RPC interface ?

Naturally it would awesome if I could just use HQueue Render node as my entire pipeline already depends on it.

Any Help appreciated.
45 posts
I have already submitted a feature request to SideFX to be able to define Resource when you submit a job in the same way that you can define env Variables to protect, but this is only is going to work in the new version of houdini.

One other solution would be to edit the Hqueue script that receive jobs in a way that would allow it to detect the nature of the job and update the job_spec to add the relevant resource. Is that something that can be done on Hqueue 18.0.310 ?

Any Help appreciated.
  • Quick Links